Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Grandmother's Garden

 Something we often do is plant things for my grandmother. It started years ago with my mother helping her put in a series of roses and a veggies garden at her then home. Today we continue this tradition...even if on a smaller scale.

A garden of Love grows in a Grandmother's heart.
-- Author Unknown


My grandmother valued even the smallest of things.
~ Koichi Tanaka



My grandmother told stories; she was very good at that.
~ Cornelia Funke






There are only two families in the world, my old grandmother used to say, the Haves and the Have-nots.
~ Miguel de Cervantes



What in heaven's name is strange about a grandmother dancing nude? I'll bet lots of grandmothers do it.
~ Sally Rand




My grandmother was a very tough woman. She buried three husbands and two of them were just napping.
~ Rita Rudner  




You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.
~ Ellen DeGeneres 




Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.
~ Pam Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment